CALLING ALL SINGERS!
Join us for this beloved holiday kick-off concert and support the International Choral Festival of Missoula
and UM School of Music at the same time!
Conducted by Dr. David Edmonds, UM Director of Choral Activities
Featured Soloists: Kerrin Dunbar, Soprano; Kimberly Gratland James, Alto; David Cody, Tenor; Taylor Hightower, Bass.
All donations received will help the International Choral Festival of Missoula produce our 10th Festival in July 2016, and help fund the UM School of Music Chamber Chorale’s concert in Chicago–they were selected by national audition to perform at Orchestra Hall, home to the Chigago Symphony Orchestra, in April 2014!
Singers may pay the minimum amount ($75) to join the chorus, but are encouraged to raise pledges for more than that from family, friends, business associates, etc.
All donations are tax-deductible.
PRIZES: As an incentive to raise as much money as you can, the singers who raise the most will win prizes donated by area merchants. Prize packages will be awarded to the top fundraisers in the “adult” category and the “student” category. These packages will be announced more fully at the November rehearsals, but will include overnights with deluxe lodging; private float trips down area rivers; tickets to Grizzly Athletics games and College of Visual and Performing Arts productions, and gift certificates to area restaurants and businesses.
HOW TO ASK FOR PLEDGES!
- Email your friends and family to ask for their sponsorship
- Take your pledge sheet to meetings/rehearsals/work
- Ask your fellow employees (or boss!)
- Post your request on Facebook
- Ask everyone who’s asked you for money!
- Ask your church if you can set up a table at coffee hour to get pledges
- Tweet it
- Encourage people to look at the ICF and UM School of Music websites to learn how their donations will be used.
TURNING IN YOUR MONEY: You are responsible for collecting all your pledges, and all money raised should be turned in at the dress rehearsal on Sunday, December 1st.
REHEARSALS-Two optional and one mandatory rehearsals will take place:
- Sunday, November 17th, from 5-7 p.m. in Room 218 in the UM Music Building
- Sunday, November 24th, from 5-7 p.m. in Room 218 in the UM Music Building
- Mandatory dress rehearsal Sunday December 1st from 2:30-4 p.m. in the Dennison Theater
DRESS: For both men and women, it should be long, solid black skirts/pants, and solid white long-sleeved tops. If you don’t own these things, aim for the closest – dark navy blue bottoms, for example, or cream/beige tops. No prints, please! Men can be creative with their ties, and women with their accessories.
SCORES: A limited number of scores will be available for checkout at the rehearsals. Scores are available for purchase at Morgenroth Music, 1105 W. Sussex Avenue; if you are a member of a community choir, you may be able to borrow a score from them. We recommend that all singers use the Watkins-Shaw edition (Novello) rather than the Coopersmith (Schirmer) edition; there are discrepancies between the two, including measure numbers and rehearsal letters.
PRACTICE RECORDINGS: CD’s will be available for checkout at the rehearsals.