CALLING ALL SINGERS!
Join us for this beloved holiday kick-off concert and support the International Choral Festival of Missoula
and UM School of Music at the same time!
Conducted by Dr. David Edmonds, UM Director of Choral Activities
All donations received will help the International Choral Festival of Missoula produce our 11th Festival in July 2019, and help fund the UM School of Music Chamber Chorale.
Singers may pay the minimum amount ($85) to join the chorus, but are encouraged to raise pledges for more than that from family, friends, business associates, etc.
PRIZES: As an incentive to raise as much money as you can, the singers who raise the most will win prizes donated by area merchants. Prize packages will be awarded to the top fundraisers.
HOW TO ASK FOR PLEDGES!
- Email your friends and family to ask for their sponsorship
- Take your pledge sheet to meetings/rehearsals/work
- Ask your fellow employees (or boss!)
- Post your request on Facebook
- Ask everyone who’s asked you for money!
- Ask your church if you can set up a table at coffee hour to get pledges
- Encourage people to look at the ICF and UM School of Music websites to learn how their donations will be used.
TURNING IN YOUR MONEY: You are responsible for collecting all your pledges, and all money raised should be turned in at the dress rehearsal on Sunday, November 27th.
REHEARSALS-Two optional and one mandatory rehearsals will take place:
- Sunday, November 13th, from 5-7 p.m. in Room 218 in the UM Music Building
- Sunday, November 20th, from 5-7 p.m. in Room 218 in the UM Music Building
- Mandatory dress rehearsal Sunday, November 27th from 2:30-4 p.m. in the Dennison Theater
DRESS: For both men and women, it should be long, solid black skirts/pants, and solid white long-sleeved tops. If you don’t own these things, aim for the closest – dark navy blue bottoms, for example, or cream/beige tops. No prints, please! Men can be creative with their ties, and women with their accessories.
SCORES: A limited number of scores will be available for checkout at the rehearsals. Scores are available for purchase at Morgenroth Music, 1105 W. Sussex Avenue; if you are a member of a community choir, you may be able to borrow a score from them. We recommend that all singers use the Watkins-Shaw edition (Novello) rather than the Coopersmith (Schirmer) edition; there are discrepancies between the two, including measure numbers and rehearsal letters.
PRACTICE RECORDINGS: Below are links to rehearsal recordings for each part.
Soprano Rehearsal Tracks
Alto Rehearsal Tracks
Tenor Rehearsal Tracks
Bass Rehearsal Tracks