Bella Armonia Youth Chorale is Missoula’s premier youth choir. Its members are in the 6th through 11th grades and are from Missoula as well as the surrounding area.
- Travel and exchange with youth choirs in Montana and the Northwest
- Perform challenging and varied repertoire while building musical and vocal technique
- Perform on concerts in conjunction with the outstanding University choral groups
- Develop as an “all around” musician with the Music Academy
- Rehearsals take place at the University of Montana School of Music on Saturday mornings from 9:00 -11:00 am.
- First rehearsal is September 23
- Tuition is $125 for the semester.
- Registration is open!
International Choral Festival Music Academy
- All choir members are automatically enrolled
- Courses in music theory, ear training, and sight-singing
- Music theory curriculum aligns with state-approves AP Music Theory guidelines
- Also open to NON-choir members ($40 per semester for “academy only” tuition
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (Choir and Academy)
Initial Fall 2017 Calendar Information
Saturday September 23 9-11a Open House 1
Saturday September 30 9-11a Open House 2
Regular Saturday Rehearsals 9-11am through October (no rehearsal October 14 – UM Homecoming)
Sunday October 29 5:00-7:00p Halloween Concert Dress Rehearsal
Monday October 30 7:30p Halloween Concert Performance
Monday December 11 5:00-7:00p Holiday Concert Dress Rehearsal
Tuesday December 12 7:30p Holiday Concert Performance
About our Artistic Director
Dr. David Edmonds, director of choral studies at the University and board member of ICF, is excited to conduct and facilitate the artistic vision of this group. David has directed and conducted a very successful youth choir in Nebraska, and now brings his expertise and enthusiasm to students in Western Montana.
“Singing with 700 talented musicians from all around the world was an incredible eye-opener to the power of music that brings people together. It was breathtakingly beautiful.”
~Noel, choir member-Bach Children’s Chorus
Watch as the International Choral Festival takes over the community of Missoula. There are no better ambassadors than musicians sharing their love of music and the culture of their countries.