Bella Armonia Youth Chorale is Missoula’s premier youth choir. Its members are in the 6th through 11th grades and are from Missoula as well as the surrounding area.
- Travel and exchange with youth choirs in Montana and the Northwest
- Perform challenging and varied repertoire while building musical and vocal technique
- Perform on concerts in conjunction with the outstanding University choral groups
- Develop as an “all around” musician with the Music Academy
* General Information*
Rehearsals take place at the University of Montana School of Music on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am-11:30 am.
Tuition is $190 for the year
International Choral Festival Music Academy tuition is $40 per semester.
During the second semester of 2017, the choir will be traveling to Spokane to experience an exchange with a premiere youth choir in Spokane.
Registration will be open again in the fall of 2017.
*NEW* International Choral Festival Music Academy *NEW*
- All choir members are automatically enrolled
- Courses in music theory, ear training, and sight-singing
- Music theory curriculum aligns with state-approves AP Music Theory guidelines
- Also open to NON-choir members ($40 per semester for “academy only” tuition
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (Choir and Academy)
Dr. David Edmonds, director of choral studies at the University and board member of ICF, is excited to conduct and facilitate the artistic vision of this group. David has directed and conducted a very successful youth choir in Nebraska, and now brings his expertise and enthusiasm to students in Western Montana.
“Singing with 700 talented musicians from all around the world was an incredible eye-opener to the power of music that brings people together. It was breathtakingly beautiful.”
~Noel, choir member-Bach Children’s Chorus
Watch as the International Choral Festival takes over the community of Missoula. There are no better ambassadors than musicians sharing their love of music and the culture of their countries.